Vision & Goals
Community Group Vision & Goals
Click Here for Community Group FAQ's
Vision - The Vision for Red Stone community groups is for Gospel-centered, life-giving, communities of adults to meet on a regular basis in homes for the purpose of worship, encouragement, fellowship, passage-reflection/application, and accountability. At Red Stone, we prefer to have larger community groups with the idea of having several functional churches within the church with a key shepherd and key supporting cast assigned to each group. We want community groups to be Life-Giving, Sustainable, and Aligned to the overall RS calendar and vision.
Goals - Provide a structured avenue for people who attend RS to be in a Christian community by:
- Providing shepherds within each CG that lead, assist with facilitating discussion, ensure that key partners are being discipled and playing key roles, and maintain a positive grace-filled culture.
- Practically speaking, each CG should serve as small churches within a church. This means CGs could include things such as worship, prayer, studying Scripture, encouraging one another, getting to know each other over a meal, confessing sins and struggles with each other, etc.
- Modeling what it truly looks like to be a disciple of Jesus Christ
- Using the CG structure for sermon and/or passage-reflection, along with disseminating various church information and reminder
- Spurring one another on toward service and volunteerism within the church
- Providing opportunities to better know, love, and serve those within our city
Most of our Community Groups consist of 20+ people who meet in a home once a week for around 2 hours to learn about God, pray, snack, laugh, and usually discuss the most recent sermon or sermon passage.
DO YOU HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF RED STONE CHURCH TO JOIN A COMMUNITY GROUP?
No, you do not have to be a member to be a part of a community group. All are wlcome!
HOW DO I GET PLUGGED IN?
We have over several groups scattered throughout the city! You can get plugged into a Community Group by Clicking Here. Upon receiving your information, we will put you in touch with a Community Group leader
HOW OFTEN DO YOU MEET THROUGHOUT THE YEAR?
Community Groups meet for 2 terms each year, a fall term and spring term. The fall term will begin the week after Labor Day weekend and usually conclude with a Christmas gathering in early-mid December. The spring term will begin in February and end with an end-of-year gathering prior to Memorial Day weekend. (*January will be set aside each year for church-wide prayer on Wednesday evenings at Providence Academy or another designated location.)
WHAT ARE THE AGE DIFFERENCES WITHIN EACH GROUP?
It varies from group to group, but to be a truly health body, we desire groups to be as multi-generational as possible. For this reason groups may contain individuals from high school aged all the way to elderly. This dynamic of age differences has been one of the most encouraging parts about RS community groups thus far and has created an environment of healthy, loving multi-generational relationships.
For information on joining a group Click Here