Vision & Goals
Community Group Vision & Goals
Click Here for Community Group FAQ's
Vision - The Vision for Red Stone community groups is for Gospel-centered, life-giving, communities of adults (from upper-high school to senior adults) to meet on a regular basis in homes for the purpose of worship, encouragement, fellowship, passage-reflection/application, and accountability. At Red Stone, we have established community groups with the idea of having several functional churches within the church, with a key shepherd and key supporting cast assigned to each group. We want community groups to be Life-Giving, Sustainable, and Aligned to the overall RS calendar and vision.
Goals - Provide a structured avenue for people who attend RS to be in a Christian community by:
- Providing shepherds within each CG that lead, assist with facilitating discussion, ensure that key partners are being discipled and playing key roles, and maintain a positive grace-filled culture.
- Practically speaking, each CG should serve as small churches within a church. This means CGs could include components such as worship, prayer, studying Scripture, encouraging one another, getting to know each other over a meal/snack, confessing sins and struggles with each other, etc.
- Modeling what it truly looks like to be a disciple of Jesus Christ
- Using the CG structure for sermon and/or passage-reflection, along with disseminating various church information and reminders
- Spurring one another on toward service and volunteerism within the church
- Providing opportunities to better know, love, and serve those within our city